1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saw 3 problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tantrum4, Feb 6, 2007.

1. tantrum4

tantrum4 Member

I know, I know...there is a million forums out there regarding Saw 3 but I think I have a different problem. I am using DVD Decrypter with AnyDVD to rip the movie to my hard drive and I do it as a read file like I always have. It finishes the decrypting process and says "operation successfully completed". Everything is cool. Then when I try to open the file with either DVD shrink, it says "cant read the file SAW_3_unrated/ISO". If I try using DVDClone, it can't find the file on my computer.

So I dont think I'm having any problems with the decoding part, it just wont open the file at the next stage.

If anyone can help or send me to a forum that already has this answer it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Hopefully this will work for you.

If you don't have the program, VOBlanker, nows the time to get it. Just extract it to a folder of your choice, and run the exe. There are some tutorials on how to use it, but the process to "Process All" is simple enough to just let ya know here.

You have two menu bars near the top, one to add your DVD files...the other for the saved processed files. (best if they are on two different hard drives - don't choose to save to the same folder the originals are in) After you've added your files, and choose a save path, click on the button that says Process All (on the right side)...then down at the bottom, click Process!

If that program goes thru the process without any errors, you should be good to go to burn the saved processed DVD files. Shrink shouldn't have any issues after that.

3. tantrum4

tantrum4 Member

Alright I'll give it a try tonight! Thanks!!!

4. xboxman7

xboxman7 Member

If you are geting a error when you click OPEN DISC. go to (www.dvdfab.com) and download the software from there!!!

5. tantrum4

tantrum4 Member

ok so I downloaded Voblanker and it does the same thing. When I go to browse for the ISO file, it wont show up in the window because it's only searching for VIDEO_TS.IFO files. But when I go directly to my computer and then into my C drive, it's right there! So something must be happening during the ripping process. That's why I don't understand, it says "operation completed successfully", but it obviously isn't!!!

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

When I go to browse for the ISO file, it wont show up in the window because it's only searching for VIDEO_TS.IFO files.

Vobblanker will not see ISO image files, you must load the VIDEO_TS.IFO file to use it. When using DVD decrypter, you must rip in "file mode" to produce a VIDEO_TS folder containing the video files and the VIDEO_TS.IFO file vobblanker needs.

Here's a guide for ripping in file mode
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php

Also:
    -The latest version of anydvd should be able to do this movie no problem.
    -DVDFab decrypter (free) will rip this movie no problem.
    -Ripit4me (free) will also rip this movie no problem.

See links below to get the software.

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

johnl123 touched on the original problem. You don't look for ISO files when you have the files in a Video_TS (file) folder. With Shrink, Open Files should have been used instead of Open Disc or Open Disc Image. DVDClone or CloneDVD 2? With CloneDVD all modes will use the Video_TS files as long as the user locates them on the PC using the browse function.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007