1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Say Anything

Discussion in 'Feedback to artists' started by brighteys, Apr 25, 2010.

1. brighteys

brighteys Member

I love say anything, their music is just incredible to me.

This section of the forum doesn't seem as populated as the rest,
    which is too bad =(

Is there any other say anything fan's out there that would like to discuss any of their albums, demos, or live performances?

2. timmaht

timmaht Member

They are an awesome versitile group. I finally heard their Two Tongue collaboration prior to finally seeing them in concert last year and those two things solidified them in my mind as my favorite artists. Bemis has a passion for music that is rare these days in a world of everything being about the money.

3. brighteys

brighteys Member

I agree, I still haven't had an opportunity to see them live, but Two Tongues was beyond amazing in how Max and Chris took their almost opposite vocal styles and made it flow so well.

Have you had a chance to listen to Say Anything's newest album? It's self titled

4. timmaht

timmaht Member

I actually bought it on the day it was released on iTunes. After hearing "Hate Everyone", I was kind of disappointed and while catchy, it felt forced in a poppy/corporate direction. But after listening to it more it's definitely 2nd to Is/Was a Real Boy. I had to d/l the bonus cd from the Secret Origin CD (came with the $100+ Collector's Bundle) though, which IMO was even better. I love acoustic stuff though.

Yeah, listening to Two Tongues got me into Saves the Day, which is ironic because Saves the Day is Say Anything's major inspiration. But yeah, definitely see them in concert as they put on an awesome, high energy/emotion show.

5. brighteys

brighteys Member

I thought the same thing, they released that song way before the album came out. I still have some problems listening to that song haha. I love certain parts of it but I still at times find myself fast forwarding past the chorus.

Wow, I need to d/l that, I love SA acoustic work.
    I bet "Hate Everyone" is so much better in acoustic as it probably isn't as poppy. They also released "Is A Real Boy" as a live acoustic album. It sounds a little raw at times but for being live its wonderful.

Have you had a chance to listen to their early work? They have a bunch of early demos. A couple songs sound like he is still in high school or just got done with high school.