1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

says my evox iso disc is dirty or damaged

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by trustco76, Aug 15, 2004.

1. trustco76

trustco76 Guest

hi i have been trying to solve this problem for a while i found cd-r's that my xbox reads and ive been using them for my ISO disc i have tryed my programs like Qwix,Craxtion,xiso, and alot more but none of them work i get this message saying my disc is dirty or damaged and i have been coping everything perfect(according to xbox-scene.com) PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

2. MW-Shorty

MW-Shorty Member

To my knowledge, an xbox can't read CDR's. I use CDRW's, and they work fine for me.

3. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

yea, it depends on your drive. the "thompson" drive is the big piece of crap that wont work with nothin, but the samsung will actually read cd-r's...most of the time. As for this problem you are having, try cd-rw, but i gotta ask, what are you trying to make, is it a dashboard? if so, did you edit the INI files...um..but yea, try the cd-rw's. that should work...when u reply list what chip u got, what iso image u are trying to make, that might help us shed light on the situation.

4. trustco76

trustco76 Guest

I have been using CD-RW's but they dont even work.im trying to get the evox dashboard to come up.I have a Samsung DVD-Rom in my xbox witch reads most cd-rs so that wouldnt mess it up!! PLZ SOMEONE WHO HAS HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS ANSWER ME.

5. davepyne

davepyne Member

6. Ted209

Ted209 Member

use memorex cd-rw's only. or dvd-r's if your a rich kid

also, if your using cd-rw's, you'll have to "pad" your cd's with any big file (ie: >= 100MB)

especially if yours using the v1 or v2 xbox. the dvdroms suck in those machines

7. FullySik

FullySik Guest

i have phillipsp drive and i use TDK cd-rw and it works perfectly for emulators, evox anything u just need to make an iso of evox.
    if u did and it still doesn't work use TDK because i made a copy of evox for my friend using TDK cd-rw and it works perfectly on his thompson drive