1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scam or not of all those free ps3 websites??? :S

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Jay05, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

I have no clue if they are scams or not but I see a lot of people saying if you sign up and do a couple offers you can get a free ps3 or other stuff for free. This sounds very scamful but it's even on ebay. I was wondering what you guys thought as the AF community has always been helpful to me. ^^;

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

You can trust it if you want...I wouldn't though.

3. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Ebay itself is starting to turn into one gaint scam, I mean when you take a step back and look at all the "defective from the factory" stuff, not to mention all those wholesale lists of ps3s amoung other things, so u can apparently buy a ps3 for 200 bucks, that you can buy for the oh so low price of 9.99 and so on.

Personally id perfer to just buy the ps3 myself so if it does break for whatever reason I could take it back. Besides I think that doing whats required to get a "free ps3" is more of a pain in the ass then paying 500 or 700 bucks in the first place.

4. SpideyBoy

SpideyBoy Member

its all scams...once you do click to sign up...it asks for personal information that isnt needed to send you a ps3...its bullshit...

5. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

seriously, even on ebay there are tons of those junk. even the secret gift thing where you pay the dude a couple dollars and you COULD win a ps3 or other junk. lol. (i guess there are no winners...i'll just keep the cash and the ps3 >.<)

6. bremner

bremner Member

you dont get owt for nowt!

7. ehsan_c

ehsan_c Guest

Just remember. Nothing is free.

8. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. Trust me I wouldn't take the chance once I see on of those things a LAUGH cause I know it's a scam. Take my word for it, it's a scam. Plus there's always something there not telling you. Especially if it's a PS3 there's ALWAYS a catch.

9. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

lol ok...this is what my friend said.
    he ended up getting the ps3 a week later BBBBBUUUUUUTTTTTT
    he had to do many many referrals for himself which costed about 250$ for all the offers he had to sign up and then he had to cancel like 30 offers he signed up for. He said that if you don't cancel the offers you are really really screwed cuz the next month they'll charge like twice as much per offer.

I really don't think it's worth the time to do this...you have to have like 20 credit cards to do it yourself. That's really dumb...

Seems very scamful if you aren't careful...Now I know how it works >.< I don't recommend it...

10. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

You might as well post your social security number here along with your home address, full name, mothers maiden name, phone number, and you bank account and routing number. Then I will send you a PS3 right after I clean out your bank account and apply for like 10 credit cards and run them up to the max limit and then disappear like a wisp of smoke! Oh yea I'll need your e-mail address and password also! LOL! If you fall for all this then you should absolutely apply for a free PS3! Its all a scam, never NEVER! Give out your address and personal info to try to win a free anything on the net. I don't even use a real e-mail address to sign in to get a review or post on a foreign BBS. (BBS bet you have not heard that in a while, heh showing my age there). Go to yahoo, hotmail or what ever free mail service you like and make a fake account to use for logging into sites or signing up for free coupons (some coupons on line are worth it like 10% discount savings on next purchase at new egg, that sort of thing). Anyhoo good luck and be sure to join the Jehovah witness mailing list to possibly win a PS3, its so worth it! NOT!

11. sinky666

sinky666 Guest

Well....... I have received a couple of things through these websites and its cost me very little for the offers, I'm know saving up for my PS3!!

12. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Spammer/scammer removed.

13. ddtrav2

ddtrav2 Guest

scam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2008
  14. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Yea, on your way to identity theft and the poor house!

15. seungwoo

seungwoo Guest

Listen to me, Im an actuall winner.. I will tell u the honest and truthfull facts.
    U HAVE to be willing to sacrifice, tons of time in order to recieve PS3. It is REDGIT (I personally got I TOUCH) total time it took me was two months.
    But, U literally have to dig ur nose on ur monitor, cause to win a PS3, you need quite plenty of time. Dont forget about references, it is quite annoying to go tell everyone to join ur reference.

U have to be completely aware that this will take at least a month to complete, plus, the shipping takes about a month too.

I suggest that u go out and pay $400-500 to buy PS3 rather than having this pain in the ass...

16. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I couldn't agree more :)