1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart Leads

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Ianuk67, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Ianuk67

Ianuk67 Member

Having almost decided which Dvd recorder(Sony GX3) im purchasing im not sure as to wheather I should purchase some "better" scart leads or not.
    The shop assistant advised me that the scart with the unit is a test lead only and it would be far better for me to shell out at least 40 squids for some gold plated jobs.
    Is this advisble or is it sales patter?????

2. Adavis

Adavis Member

Depends on the connections to/from your TV to your DVD recorder. Gold plated leads do provide less signal distortion(i.e that hum you sometimes hear), however "test leads?" lol...if your buying this thing the cheap **stard should give them to you.

Component video(Red/green/blue cables) video only

S-Video(1 cable for video(splits colour and luminance signals into two channels) btw if connected via a
    scart converter will only display black and white signal - not colour) excellent quality - video only

Composite video(Yellow(for video)White and Red(For Audio)not as good quality

Component or s-video is the best, you'll still need audio cables and gold plated IS better. check the link below for a good explanation of these:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/component.htm

As for "scart leads" i'd avoid going that way unless your tv has no component/s-video input/output.