1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scene freeze on copies around scene 7 or higher

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by akira007, Dec 15, 2004.

1. akira007

akira007 Member

The first few movies I did with DVD Shrink 3.2 and Decrypter worked fine, lately seems everthing freezes around scene 7 or beyond or starts to pixalate and jump. These are all newer films. I'm mainly just deleting the subtitles and foreign languages before making the ISO then burning. Any suggestions?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

They all mess up aroun scene 7? This would be very odd indeed? Are you sure they are not all messing up at a certain time and not acertain scene? If so what is the time? Also what type of media are you using? What speed are you burning at? In what way are you using Shrink and Decrypter there are several you could be using? Check here http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/

[​IMG]

3. akira007

akira007 Member

I've used memorex-r 8x for all the movies I ahve a new pioneer dual layer but they are burning at 2x just recently purchased sony 8x +r but haven't tryed it yet. The 1st few movies I did worked fine Shrek2, Big Lebowski, Starsky and Hutch, School of Rock. But others like Potter, The Passion, 50 First Dates, Girl Next Door etc all crap out scene 7 or later. Just did The Passion tonight and it froze at scene 12 then it would start stop pixilate freeze jump etc. What I do is open DVD Shrink, open disk, it does it's analysing take out what I don't want, I make a backup which is saved to a folder, I then open decrypter and burn the file.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Memorex is not good media at all I suspect it is the media. Here is something you can try to avoid the skipping and freezing towards the ened of the movie.

[bold]Adjusting Target Size In DVD Shrink[/bold]

Ok do this and you should have no more problems.
    Open DVD Shrink
    Click on "Edit"
    Go To "Preferences"
    Under "Preferences" You will see a little drop down box.
    This is where you need to change your target size
    Put the drop down box on "Custom"
    Then in the box to the right of that type in "4300" GB
    Hit Ok and use Shrink as normal

See if this hepls and let me know the outcome :)

[​IMG]

5. akira007

akira007 Member

Changed the settings and tried reading two movies Rescuers and Taking Lives both gave errors "failed to read file H" don't think its related because it did it on the 4.7 setting also. Back to original issue, I tried movies in two other players the original being a sony, the generic player freezes and the samsung plays it. So I cleaned the other players and they still freeze, so could this just be a media issue, or compatibility with the players? What media to you recommend?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It could be every issue you mentioned :)

More than likely the culpret is the brand of media you are using.

I would recommend
    Taiyo Yuden
    Ritek/Ridata x4
    If you dont want to spend a lot then Prodisc x8 are very good also
    check here
    Super Media Store
    http://www.supermediastore.com/index.html
    Rima
    http://www.rima.com/
    Good luck