1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sceptre 37" LCD HDTV. Any Common!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by roadkille, Dec 20, 2005.

1. roadkille

roadkille Guest

Has anyone bought the Sceptre 37" LCD HDTV from Costco.com? Can you please share your reviews about this Sceptre 37" LCD HDTV to everybody here?

I contacted to Costco.com by email on 12/19/2005. It is on sale right now for $1,500. After shipping + stand + brackets + 1 year warranty, the total for everything is $1,800. It looks like a great deal for a real true 37" LCD HDTV.

2. Darkmagic

Darkmagic Member

um...u know u can get a 42 for around that price.....

3. roadkille

roadkille Guest

Yes I agree, but maybe that 42" LCD TV dont have a good specifications. If you compare the spec, Sceptre 37" LCD HDTV with a very impressive specifications:

Sceptre 37" LCD HDTV
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Supports 1080p

Display:
    * Screen Size: 37" TFT LCD
    * Aspect Ratio: 16:9
    * Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    * Brightness: 600cd/m²
    * Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
    * Response Time: 8ms
    * Viewing Angle: 170° H/170H° V

Audio:
    * Removable speakers: 10w x 10w
    * Surround sound

Signals:
    * Built in NTSC & ATSC tuners
    * HDTV 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i (ATSC + NTSC)

Inputs:
    * HDMI/ DVI Support HDCP
    * HD Component (Y, Pb, Pr): x 1
    * S-Video 4-pin DIN: x 2
    * Composite RCA A/V: x 2
    * RGB 15-pin D-Sub: x 1

Outputs:
    * Audio Out (RCA Jack)
    * Sub-Woofer output

General:
    * Removable Speakers and Stand
    * Power Source: 100 - 240V, 2.4A 50 - 60Hz
    * Power Consumption: 180 watts
    * Wall mountable (440mm x 200mm)
    * Weight: 62 lbs (w/ stand), 57 lbs (w/o stand)
    * Warranty: One-year limited

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=&topnav=&prodid=11...

4. Darkmagic

Darkmagic Member

the only thing i see good about it is that its have 1080p which i havent seen any 42 with it yet well i not sure about that kind of brand cause i dont have it but maybe u can try to search for a review

5. xenoalien

xenoalien Guest

make sure it has high resolution :)

6. raven27

raven27 Guest

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

People all have their favorites, but LCD TV is my favorite. The price difference between a 37" and a 42" is enormous though; at least it was about six months ago (unless you're actually talking about rear projection). Darkmagic, if you ever see a 42" LCD TV for $1800, you'd be doing many of us a favor by posting a link...again, you might be talking about rear projection which is a different matter but there are many of us who prefer LCD TVs and if you did post a link to a 42" LCD TV, you'd have a lot of grateful people on your hands! THanks

8. carols46

carols46 Guest

Hey roadkille, I just got a costco coupon book in the mail that shows a $500 off coupon for Sceptre 42" LCD HDTV at costco.com that is good between Mar 6 and Mar 12, 2006. It doesn't show a price. Have you heard anything more about the 37" besides what is below. I think I'll wait around to see what the 42" has to offer (the coupon says built in ATSC and HDMI input). I hope the Costco stores get it in so I can take a look.

9. roadkille

roadkille Guest

Really, I have NOT seen the Sceptre 42" on their webs or Costco Webs.
    Can you give the Sceptre 42" spec? and the links also.

10. bjkimb

bjkimb Member

37" is the largest screen listed at the Sceptre site, as of 4PM CT

Smoke

11. assbag69

assbag69 Guest

I can confirm the Costco mailer that advertises the 42" (1920x1080) Sceptre LCD HDTV for $400 off. I just got it today.

12. roadkille

roadkille Guest

I search every where on the net. But the Sceptre 42" LCDTV is not found.
    I want to know the full specification and the price also.

I think I should call costco.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2006
  13. runnerbob

runnerbob Member

I received the COSCO flyer also. It says 42" LCD. The coupon is for $500 off. The 42" part must be an error because Scepter does not make one yet.
    The confusing thing is, if they mean 37", the thing will be 1199.99 with the coupon. Could that be real?

Anyway, we need to get back to the discussion on weather this thing is ang good. How does it compare to Sony's superb new Bravia LCD units.

14. raven27

raven27 Guest

You all need too check out CES 2006.The LCD and flat-panel televisions are nice.

15. roadkille

roadkille Guest

If you get $500 off for Sceptre 37", then it is very cheap. You only pay $1200. This is hella cheap.

16. runnerbob

runnerbob Member

I went down to Costco to see if they had the Scepter on display but they did not.

Folks were walking by checking out the Visio 37" LCD which has an ATSC tuner built in. It has a second coax for cable in and 1 HDMI. I asked one of the clerks if he could find an antenna which he did, albeit a very cheap wire thing. I hooked it up and scanned for digital channels. It picked up all 12 channels in the Richmond VA area. I turned it on the Panthers/Giants playoff game on Fox HD. I have to say, the picture is superb. No shadows or pixelation. One older couple actually said they were going to buy one on the spot.

I think 1499.00 is a fair price considering it's almost as good as the ATSC based Sony Bravia at over 1000 bucks more.

Check it out!

17. indiprod

indiprod Member

I own the 37" LCD which I bought from Costco last summer with a similar rebate. When you get the picture adjusted, color is quite good and the detail of HD from the Dish Network satellite is breathtaking. Check the posts at avsforum.com from other owners for pros and cons, since this TV is not perfect. It has terrible speaker quality with a buzz in the system, so I removed mine and plugged in Bose computer speakers which work fine plugged imto the headphone jack. I also have a separate home theatre sound system. I am interested to see the 42" when it comes out, since my bet is it will be good.

18. roadkille

roadkille Guest

I dont know why I have not received the Costco mail-in coupon. Do you know anyway to get the $500 off coupon for Sceptre 42" from Costco?

19. runnerbob

runnerbob Member

If you are a member you should have received a booklet. The coupon for the Sceptre says it is valid between March 6 and March 12. The big problem is they don't have the thing, 37" or 42", on display at most stores. Would you buy something sight unseen?

20. roadkille

roadkille Guest

I have read a lot of reviews about sceptre 37" LCD HDTV. Most of people said it is OK. However, it is really cheap. If you buy a brand name LCD TV as same as specifications of Sceptre 37", it will cost over $3,000. Meanwhile you pay only $1,200 (if you have $500 off coupon) for Sceptre 37". What do you think?