1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sceptre 37" LCD HDTV. Any Common!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by roadkille, Dec 20, 2005.

1. hdtvfan

hdtvfan Member

jef9000 and indiprod,
    Thank you both.I really feel much better now and wait for my tv. Thanks again.

2. labsmom

labsmom Member

Just received word that my 42" Sceptre that I ordered on March 7 will be delivered on Friday! So much for 5 weeks out. I'll let you know how the picture is if I can get it set up on my own.

3. vuamp2

vuamp2 Member

I ordered my on 3/[bp;d]6[/bold]/06 and it still shows "in Process" as Order Status. This is so unfair :eek:(

4. hdtvfan

hdtvfan Member

labsmom,
    Congratulation! At least someone is getting sooner. We all will be eagerly waiting for your verdict. Please share your exerience. I hope you will be amazed with quality. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

5. 8bobcat8

8bobcat8 Member

It is interesting that Co5tco doesn't show the 42" Sceptre on its website anymore. It must have been a sellout.

BobCat

6. ksekine

ksekine Guest

As of yesterday, they weren't showing the 37" either. Has anyone insight on whether either the 37" or 42" will be back?

7. neelapala

neelapala Guest

"Just received word that my 42" Sceptre that I ordered on March 7 will be delivered on Friday! So much for 5 weeks out. I'll let you know how the picture is if I can get it set up on my own."

I've ordered mine on the 6th early morning 5:00 A.M EST and received an email saying" due to overwhelming response it will take 4-8 weeks to deliver"
    called costco customer service and they said that the orders have been turned over to the supplier and they are shipping based on their criteria.
    Since they are located in S.California i guess they are shipping closest ones first.

8. vuamp2

vuamp2 Member

Hey labsmom,

Since you will get your TV first, may be you can look test your TB with the HDTB test disk below. I have this disk but I don't have my TV so I can't test it yet.

This is a product form Silicon Optic. The disk title is HQV Technology: Benchmark DVD. There web site is www.hqv.com.
    It cost $30.00 but you will receive $10 off the prise with special promotion code (HTHQV). This disk run the following tests:

- Color bar/Vertical Detail test (score 0 to 10)
    - Jaggies Pattern (score 0 to 5)
    - Waving Flag (score 0 to 10)
    - Detail Enhancement (score 0 to 10)
    - Noise Reduction (Score 0 to 10)
    - Motion adaptive Noise Reduction (score 0 to 10)
    - 3:2 Detection (score 0 to 10)
    - Film Cadence (score 0 to 5)
    - Mixed 3:2 film with added video titles (score 0 to 10).

Notice: I hope you have a good DVD to star with so that the test results reflect the TV performance rather than the combination of DVD and TV.

-Vuamp2-

9. labsmom

labsmom Member

OK, it is Friday at 11 am and I just got the call that Bekins is at my house ready to deliver the 42" Sceptre. They unpacked it and put it in place and gone in 60 seconds! I'll spend tonight trying to hook up everything.

vuamp2- I'll order the disk and see what it will do- as to the quality of my DVD player- that is in question. A Target special- but plenty good for the old 25" RCA tv that I had. I'll have to investigate that too.

10. erniev

erniev Member

Currently have a standard TV on a turntable base for either viewing in the DnRm or LvRm. Would there be a problem using this same turntable and rotating a 37" LCD Sceptre?

11. hdtvfan

hdtvfan Member

Labsmom,
    Please share your experience. We are all waiting. Do you like it?

12. labsmom

labsmom Member

Got the 42" hooked up without a problem. The owners manual is very compelete and wires are color coded- as there are only 3 going to the TV it was very easy.

The sound is very good and the picture is too but as you can expect- it is stretched and sometimes a little fuzzy-not crystal clear. The color- tint brightness- etc- are set just like a reg TV. I thought my regular digital cable TV box would give me the HDTV channels- but found out yesterday that I have to have a different box from the cable provider which will be installed on Monday. SO the picture should be even better. I thought that I would be able to get a good picture from the side view- which you don't- you loose a lot of color- so I guess right now that is my only complaint. I'll let you know

13. capt2278

capt2278 Member

Erniev, dont see why not. turntable does not care what it turns, only as long as it is not too heavy and unstable. I imagine that the Sceptre will be lighter than your CRT tv. Just watch those cables

14. erniev

erniev Member

capt2278 -- Thanks for the reply. What I really wanted info on was would the rotating cause a problem with the LCD electronics/picture quality..etc. You are correct about watching those cables too.

15. indiprod

indiprod Member

would the rotating cause a problem with the LCD electronics/picture quality

erniev, I have the 37" on a turntable with no problem at all.

Someone earlier wanted to know the measurement of the base on the 37". Mine is 20.5" wide by about 11" deep.

16. erniev

erniev Member

indiprod -- Thank you.

17. hdtvfan

hdtvfan Member

I cancelled my order after reading depressing reviews from AVSforum.com on sceptre 42. People already started returning. So, I walk out. Good luck guys.

18. vuamp2

vuamp2 Member

We will get out TV sooner if enough people cancel their order :eek:)

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did Sceptre 37" drop its price?

20. Rottyhoss

Rottyhoss Member

I have also ordered this 42" tv awaiting delivery.. i have been in contact with Sceptre on a few occasions asking them all kinds of questions about this Tv,, they have been nothing but the best to me,, i was on the phone for allmost a hr with one of the techs while he described some of the technology they used in Stupid people language,, you know us that just dont know the ins and outs of this stuff,, I also asked about warrenty on there tv,, they just like most other companys Offer a 3 yr extended warrenty.. i think he told me it was about 200 or 300 bucks,, that is not bad seeing how that is about what you pay at like best buy and stuff when you get extended warrenties,, But I like you all will be waiting a FEW weeks before i get my Tv.. And i think it was a risk worth taking for the price seeing how Costco is backing it and we all know even if there is nothing wrong with it,, they will let us return it.... Hope to hear more Feedback on here as people receive there TV's