1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sceptre 37

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by GeeSlimmy, Mar 16, 2007.

1. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

I tried connecting an HDMI cable from my Sceptre to my PS3. I only receive sound no picture. I navigate to Source PC and made sure I was set to 1080i in DVI mode. Then I navigate to Source PC / HDMI. I can only here the sound no picture appears. I tried to turn off everything and start over still no picture. I have my component cable working fine with the Sceptre and PS3. Maybe there's something else I need to activate on the TV? I'm not sure at this point .. The TV manual for the Sceptre 37" LCD TV is pretty bare. I'm going to call them today, but if anyone has success with an HDMI cable and might see something I'm missing here please let me know about it ..

thanks.

2. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

ok, I went to my Ps3 display set up options and set up everything for component cables fine. Everything seems to work fine using components.

HDMI 1080P issue with Sceptre 37" LCD TV using HDMI cable:
    I went to change my T.V. settings to 1080i (the highest setting for my T.V.) to match the Ps3 and then I changed the ps3 setting from 1080i to 1080P. My screen was appearing with a line running down vertically on the right side. So, I switched back to 1080i then the vertical line goes away.. I still cannot successfully hook up the HDMI cable. I'm currently using components. Anyone here have a Sceptre 37" LCD TV and Ps3 and could shed some light my way would be seriously helpful..

thx,

G

3. GeeSlimmy

GeeSlimmy Member

Not very intuitive at all.. I finally figured this mess out.. wow the manual is very bare for the Ps3.. It should be called a help your damn self guide. Anyhow, the way it worked out for me on my Sceptre T.V. and Ps3 HDMI cable hook went like this... 1) I connected both HDMi and Component cables at the same time from my T.V. to Ps3. 2) I Went into the Display settings on the Ps3 and selected HDMI.. I get to the screen that says, " Change " and press " X " on the controller. So, I press X and it just kept returning me to the previous screen after the 30 second wait....come to find out this change screen is when you are suppose to go to your T.V remote and change it to HDCP (keep in mind while you are switching to HDCP the entire screen will be black and appear out of use)..? 3) Change your T.V. Source PC to the HDCP setting.. 4) On the Ps3 controller press the " X " button.. (all the while the screen is black and blank and you have no idea what you are doing..)and finally the prompt to accept the 1080P will show on the T.V. screen.. Ps3 should really add a note to switch the setting on the T.V. at this point and to press X while the screen maybe black or appear blank.. weird.