1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

schindlers list

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by actech, Mar 9, 2004.

1. actech

actech Regular member

just got the movie and wanted a backup first disk went fine.the second won't open with shrink any ideas or anyone have the same problem? thank you

2. EliteHB

EliteHB Guest

What do you mean won't open up? is it giving an error message?

3. actech

actech Regular member

Yes it keeps saying it is having a decription error. with version 3.1 there is 16 seconds left. in version 3.0 beta 5 12 seconds left same error message.

4. memcco

memcco Regular member

i had trouble as well, but i solved it with trial and error....here's how i did it....i used dvd decryptor on side 1 and then ran it through dvd2one, movie only, no need to shrink it...did the same thing with side 2. i had trouble joining at this point, so i then checked the sizes of each side, and used User Select and chose the size i needed to shrink each one in proportion to "fit"..then i joined them..i worked and it looks very good...hope this makes sense. mike

5. maxcady

maxcady Member

actech
    My disc of Schindler is a flipper, side A & B. Side A has setup and chapters 1-27. Side B has speacial features and chapt 28-end. I use Shrink v. 2.3 (best version out there. My humble opinion)and had no problem backing up entire movie. I used 2 DVD-Rs. One contains side A and the other side B. BTW, I used 50% compression on both and the picture quality is crystal clear.
    Max

6. movie_nut

movie_nut Member

My copy was also a double side and I had no problems.

7. actech

actech Regular member

mine is also double sided and i think it gets the movie done, just locks up in the extra features. i tried dvd decrypter it won't go either. i'm going to rewatch it and see if there is a problem on the original. didn't notice one before

8. movie_nut

movie_nut Member

I bought my first copy and had to take it back because it locked up in my player. Now i just burned a backup of the new disc with no problems.