1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

school firewall

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by fun4stuff, Feb 27, 2005.

1. fun4stuff

fun4stuff Member

my school currently seems to have a lot of file sharing programs blocked... i.e. mIRC, kazaa, emule, morpheus, Ares, etc. Is there any way to get around this? They made us install smart enforcer on all of our computers. If we so much as download any of these more common file sharing programs we won't be able to access the internet until we uninstall it. I assume I could find one that they dont know about, then change the port (like with mIRC)... but how do i find an open port?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

apprently you can use something called 'http tunnel' which lets you access net apps regardless of firewall. dont ask me how this works or how to use it because ive never tried it myself.....never had the need to.

http://www.tucows.com/preview/212977.html

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

fun4stuff,

Your post has been edited and your sig removed from the post. Congratulations!!! You have now been added to my watch list.

Your sig .... Do you know what happens to people who post about free iPods? Do a search :)

4. fun4stuff

fun4stuff Member

yeah, i have tried http tunnel and the like but it is way to slow. takes a while to load a webpage or download anything. worse than 56k. does anyone know of any alternatives?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  5. fun4stuff

fun4stuff Member

hmm... i think i just need a good socks/proxy server that is fast... anyone know of any of these that are free?

6. fun4stuff

fun4stuff Member

ok, i thought i removed my sig, but apparently it isn't going any where. if a moderator could remove it for me, i would appreciate it.

7. flip218

@fun4stuff,

You need to click on the tab at the top "My Account" -> then "edit personal information" -> change your signature field.

8. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

lol, sneaky little kids, I hate them, its a good thing Flip218 was having a good day (or so it seems).

9. flip218

lol ... yes indeed, been having a few of them. WTF is wrong with me!!!

10. Mick69

Mick69 Guest