1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schooled all you guys, I got a K!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by KyotoJoe, Jun 17, 2007.

1. KyotoJoe

KyotoJoe Member

Hi, I'm new here and my name is Kyoto Joe. Just kidding with the above subject. I am happy, because I got a brand new PSP firmware model K, not a P, N, M or L, but a K. I went to Circuit City today and the dude had no idea what I was talking about, when it came to models. The ones they had there was P, so I was bumbed, thinking I got into wanting a PSP a little too late. Anyway, went over to Toys R Us and asked to look at a PSP and they gave me a P there as well. I thought that I might as well give up. I then asked, can you see if you have a K and he came back with a K and said that was the last one. Horray!!!! Now I can do what everyone else is doing. My question is what do I do with a K, now that I have it?

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

well depending on whatever firmware you have, you will need to downgrade to 1.50, and then up to a custom firmware-but since you didnt specify what your fw version is aside from it being the letter K...not much we can do for you..please be more specific in your posting..

3. pspboydee

pspboydee Regular member

@ KyotoJoe i have a K psp to first thing downgrade to 1.50, using the 2.71 downgrader on dark-alex's page

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  4. KyotoJoe

KyotoJoe Member

Ok I have firmware version 2.71 on it. I want to modify it, but I'm afraid I might brick it. How do I go about getting it down to a 1.50? What are the chances that I could brick it, versus just leaving it alone. Right now it seems like a brick, because I haven't openned it yet. The main reason I got a PSP is for Dracula X coming out this Fall. I really wasn't planning on getting on till then, but I heard that you can play all kinds of games on it, if you get a K or another model that is compromised.

5. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

K i think is 2.71 so the first thing you need to do is check what motherboard you have, to figure out what downgrader you need. You can check if you have the TA-082 motherboard with this picture:
    [​IMG]

Get back to me if you have that motherboard or not.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007