1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Score one for me

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by swervin, Dec 24, 2004.

1. swervin

swervin Regular member

I ran out of the Ritek Ridata disks and have some on order. I expect them to be here next week. Anyway, today sitting around bored waiting for family to arrive tonight for Christmas I found myself wanting to backup some stuff. Being as I have used the yellow top Maxell disks from Wal-mart with great success I decided to go buy a 15 disk spindle of DVD-R's. The ones I have used before were made by Taiyo Yuden and never a bad burn. They are usually $16.97 for the 15 spindle. This isn't cheap but I don't mind paying this for top of the line disks.

So, today I go and they were on sale for $9.97 a spindle. I couldn't resist but to buy 3 of them. Get them home and check them with DVD Identifier to make sure they are good disks. Two of the spindles are Taiyo Yuden's and the third is Hitachi Maxell's, code MXL RG02. According to http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm the brands rate 1 and 2 on the first class media scale. I think I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Mike

2. mrman

mrman Regular member

yea the ones with mxl RG02 are very good i have burned a ton of those without the problem. The only time i have returned my maxells is when i got ones made by ritek because i can just go buy ridadas for cheaper.