1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCPH-10000 JP

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Chaos343, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Chaos343

Chaos343 Guest

My backups havent been working; all I have now are a bunch of coasters. At first I thought it was the DVD's "Dynex". But then I heard that some older PS2s cant play backups even with a swap magic of mod chip. So is that true at all?

PS2 specs:
    SCPH-10000 Japanese
    W/
    Swap Magic 3.6

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Not really from what I'm sure of. Have you tried a variety of different DVD-/+ R/RW formats plus media brands or you're having no luck at all getting even one to work? There's also the possibility of your burner, what program you're using, whether or not you need to rebuild and such. Would be nice to know.

EDITED: And are you sure you did the installation well enough that you're absolutely sure it works? And if you have a mod-chip and are using one, what's the name of it? I'm sure steimy or someone can give you a heads up if it's related in that field.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  3. Chaos343

Chaos343 Guest

I have a swap magic 3.6.

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

Your Ps2 looks like a V0 or V1 so only DVD-R playback or DVD+R booktyped try Ritek Discs -R burn always at half the speed of the discs maxumin or at 4x.
    Your Ps2 is old look after it pushin it with the bad media could give the laser off if you havent already changed it dont push it its hanging on.

5. Chaos343

Chaos343 Guest

YES! I got it to work when I burned my disks at 6x instead of 8x. Well, its off to BM IIDX RED!! :D

6. dazila

dazila Regular member

If you are using 8x discs burning at 4x will give the best result and a better one then with 6x. try 4x next time.

7. Chaos343

Chaos343 Guest

Strangly my disk say there suppose to be burned at 16x. So I tried 8x and that didnt work, but then 6x worked. Do you think 4x would make it work even better?

8. dazila

dazila Regular member

If 6x works without lag in the videos and gameplay then you will be just fine with it but if you buy a new type of discs and see 6x dont do it it will be highly liekly 4x will work..so if 6x dosent lag 4x wont do any better.
    Good Luck!