1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCPH - 3900, Magic 3.1??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by crazydope, Jul 29, 2003.

1. crazydope

crazydope Member

Okay, I'm looking to buy a modchip I was thinking of getting the Magic 3.1 but I hear it doesnt work well with PS2 version 7..how much truth is there to this? and my ps2 is SCPH-3900..is that version 7??

2. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

yes it is.. your better of with a messiah or dms...

and there is lot of truth to magic not working to 100% on v7

3. IZZLE

IZZLE Guest

i have a scph-35001 is that version 7? does codebreaker or gameshark work with that version,cause i know action replay don't. an u can tell im a newb but what mod chip should i go with...dont ask an you wont know right?...

4. IZZLE

IZZLE Guest

after lookin around i found out i have a V.4,is that a good thing?an my other question are still valid if you would like to answer them.

5. JVegas

JVegas Regular member

I have to disagree with you guys on this. I have seen plenty of PS2 version 7's not have any problems at all.

What problems is everyone refering to exactly?

From what I have seen, that 35001 version 5 is the problematic one with the Magic. 2 system chipped with a magic on those specif 4's blew a fuse within a month. This is just a theroy of mine. All other 4's are fine.

Anyone else have problems with this version?

6. c7015

c7015 Regular member

I think that the "problem's" that are being refered to with the magic 3.1 and version 7 ps2 is the doubble check that the 3.1 cant get by

If I could go back I would buy a messiah 2 pro instead of a 3.1 because at the time I bought mine there was no way of knowing that the doubble check would have been an issue

for version 7's buy the messiah or save some money and accept the fact that some games will not boot after the intro or after every save etc...._X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 v7, DVR-AO5U, Magic 3.1, Nero, Ritek
    SNES AND PGEN GUIDE http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/40482
    [/small]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2003
  7. telescope

telescope Regular member

Ya probably M2pro, DMS3 or an apple could be the chips working good on ur console