1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCPH 77001 with flip-top and swap magic 3.6+

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tuffghost, Apr 8, 2007.

1. tuffghost

tuffghost Member

I recently bought a refurb. PS2 Slimline SCPH-77001 Version (I live in Canada). I'm wondering if the swap magic discs and flip-top i've ordered off GoCyberShop (http://www.gocybershop.ca/customer/product.php?productid=1296&cat=0&page=) are going to be the correct ones?

The website does say compatible with 7000x versions...but does that include the 77001?
    Can anyone verify this for me?

Thanks!

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Oh it's fine. I have my old silver slim v15 PS2 with a set of 3.6 Swap Magic disc working perfectly. If you still have any doubts, then I dunno what to say.

3. tuffghost

tuffghost Member

Do I need the magic switch tools also? Or will the flip-top do the job alone?

4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Either one is fine, although, unfortunately, I do not have the link to this specific thread about softmod'ing it yourself. You could actually mod your slim PS2, if it is infact the same silver slim PS2 as I have, by yourself with a simple tissue, straw, and something to hold the disc break. If you're wondering, yes, I can play my games, whether they are an original or backed-up/import with my lid closed. But I do warn you, some people have had a lot of trouble with installing a particular tool in the Magic Key set, and I also heard of people able to play with their lids open. I strongly recommend you not playing with your lid open, especially with the slim PS2s. The slim PS2s have a redundancy to overheat including the older slim PS2s.