1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Scrap xbox 360 repair help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Saul D' Alessio, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Saul D' Alessio

Saul D' Alessio Newbie

i got 5 xbox 360's from a friend who got them from a clean out only one motherboard was working. i put the only working dvd-rom in the box in it the xbox works but i can't figure out how to get the dvd-rom to read games. i tried to flash the firmware on the dvd-rom won't read on any of my 6 computers. the dvd-rom is a hitachi 46. does anyone know a way to get it to read games besides jtag... or rgh..i don't care about playing burned games. just want to play games normally. thanks

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Do you have the drive that originally came with the working motherboard?

3. Saul D' Alessio

Saul D' Alessio Newbie

they was all apart in the box ..so no clue which is which..plus the drives was taken a part all but the hitachi. so i can't test them to see which one reads om the xbox 360....yes someone took the dvd-rom's a part..-_- i pieced 2 back together but they won't read..the trays just keep popping out on them.

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Then you're pretty much out of luck. The drive board and the mainboard are married by a code, meaning that you need the fitting drive for your board. You could try getting all the codes from the non-working drives and then spoof them to the Hitachi drive one by one and hope that the drive itself isn't defective, but that would be a total pain (and you don't know if you even have the fitting drive for your board). Other than that you can only RGH, but that would be a total overkill, if you only want the drive key. Nowadays fixing up Xbox 360s isn't worth it anymore, fully working ones are too cheap.

5. Saul D' Alessio

Saul D' Alessio Newbie

i'm willing to give that a try..lol do i need a special motherboard with sata..because the 6 computers, i have with sata couldn't find any of the drives ..i was using jungleflash.. thanks for the responds

6. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Normally you don't. Could be that the driveboards are shot.

7. Saul D' Alessio

Saul D' Alessio Newbie

8. Saul D' Alessio

Saul D' Alessio Newbie

lol all 6 of my motherboards couldn't use jungleflasher so i made a new computer just to flash the drive and made a probe for the lite-on drives

9. Saul D' Alessio

Saul D' Alessio Newbie

Eisherz thanks for all the responds...i got it fixed the org drive was a lite-on..used my homemade probe and harness to get the key. load the key using jungleflasher after i made a whole new computer to flash just that xbox 360. lol but thanks again ^_^