1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratched battlefield 2142 dvd

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by 18ch88, Mar 30, 2007.

1. 18ch88

18ch88 Member

Hi there. Hope you can help.

I have an original of battlefield 2142. But my dvd got scratched and when i try to load the game it just tries to read the dvd... forever. so it must be quite a bad scratch. Ive tried various things to fix it.

So when i click on the shortcut, it says, please insert dvd or somthing like that.

So i then thought, if i acquired an image of the dvd i could mount & install it with daemon & use the cracked exe only, as i have a legit cd key.

I load the game up, it tells me a new patch is available, i need to dload that. So i download the patch. But this patch must be able to tell im using a cracked exe as it puts me back to square one and asks for the correct dvd in the drive again. Do have to get a cracked patch now?

Ok i tried the cracked patch just there, looked ok. Than i got, 'this program has to close, sorry for the inconvenience' the error report mentions somthing about my 'digital product id And my license '.

I cant believe im getting all this hassle when i have an orginal cd key.

Im about to give up on this but i dont want to go out and spend another £20 odd on another copy.

Have i made sense to anyone ? Can anyone help or any other ideas i could try ?

Thanks.

2. 18ch88

18ch88 Member

Hi . Sorry. Meant to post this in the CDR forum. Can someone {admin} move it, or can i do it myself.

Apologies again.

3. lonernz

lonernz Member

get your disc refaced most music or movie hire places have a resurfacer

4. 18ch88

18ch88 Member

Hi thanks man.

I thought it was a bit of a long shot but found a place that will resurface it for me for £3 !!!

Cheers man !!