1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratching sound in flip top

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bobdill22, Jan 30, 2007.

1. bobdill22

bobdill22 Member

Hey, I'm using a flip top on my V4. When I put in any CD or DVD, I can hear a scratching sound when it spins and the disc isn't properly read. I fixed it by pressing down on the top of the flip top cover, making the disc spin smoothly and it gets read normally. I think the problem is the position of the white spinning thing on the inside of the flip top cover. Any ideas on how to play without needing pressure on the flip top tray?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

i have heard of people having that problem before but i do not remember anyone coming up with a solution.

3. bobdill22

bobdill22 Member

Dammit, so I just have to live with it?

4. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

i suggest u put your old shit back together..

i have one that stop spining due to the slimkit... the slim ps2 is designed to know when a disc is changed even with the sensors pushed down. the ps2 is programmed to spin and play for a few more times then eventually goes out.. i heard that the ps2 is boobytrapped for shit like this..thats why the lens burns out and it stops spining..

i suggest u go with a modchip better.... everyone seems to not be having a problem with booting up and getting games to work..

5. bobdill22

bobdill22 Member

I have a fat ps2 with a fliptop from consolesource.com. My games are working perfectly, but only with the top of the cover held down. I've heard bad stuff about the website, so I doubt a return would be easy. Should I just keep playing with something on top of my ps2?

6. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

i dont.. unless u wanna risk it all man... ur ps2 so take a shot if u must!

7. AngelusX

AngelusX Member

My friend has been using a flip top mod since they came out for the slims. It's been in constant use at least 4-5 times a weeek for long sessions. He also just added a flip top to the silver model he purchased around november. Both units work fine. I think your unit just gave in for whatever reason.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

some flip tops are just cheap, and do not fit exactly right.
    It is just that way it is.

Like the one for my old fat PS2. It was also quite loud compared to the stock top. And it would only work if i removed all the screws in the bottom of the case. If i put them in it would tighten too much and games would not load. But it did work and i am happy to say that it still works to this day. Although i now own a V12 with a DMS4 Pro mod chip so it basically just collects dust. Then of course there is the Xbox which took over my gaming when i bought it. It can just do much more then my PS2, and things like playing games online is so much easier. I was such an preacher of how great the PS2 was, until i bought a premodded Xbox that is. those who own both system know exactly what i mean.

9. consul

consul Regular member

10. bobdill22

bobdill22 Member

I got the lid to fit better with some screw adjustments, but I still need pressure for games to work.

11. bobdill22

bobdill22 Member

Also, I noticed that if I try to load a disc with the cover off, the disc pops off the holder and doesn't spin.