1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen and Outer Covers for DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by DBane, Jul 5, 2007.

1. DBane

DBane Member

Hey guys,

What are some good External Shell covers for the DS as well as some quality screen protectors? I've seen shells where they have openings for all the slots and cables but are closed everywhere else? Does anyone have any preferences and such and what they would recommend?

Thanks.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I personally hate all of these external cases where you keep them on while playing, I much prefer keeping my console (be it a DS or PSP etc.) in a good quality case and take it out of the case to play on the console.

As for the screens, hori screen protectors all the way.

3. DBane

DBane Member

Sweet I also thought the same about the external cases.

Where can I get the hori screen protectors btw ? I am in the US.

And btw I've heard there are problems with sometimes dust going behind the screen and not in the front. I have one small dust particle back there which isnt a huge issue but is this an issue with all DS's or I am a unique case?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

I think I got my Hori screen protectors from http://www.play-asia.com i'm not 100% sure as it was quite a while ago (i got my DS Lite within a week of it's release here)

I don't think it's very common, i believe one other person posted this on here quite a while ago, but no-one else has. Both me and my brother have DS Lites with no dust (and my brother dosn't really look after his) my girlfriend has a pink ds lite with no dust, and before getting my ds lite i had the original ds with no dust.

5. Samikox

Samikox Member

I had a hard shell for my ds before but I didn't like it that much. I prefer using a pouch for my NDS. I bought one that is similar to the psp one at: www.dealextreme.com. They also sell hori screen protectors as well as fake ones (I think they are fake but work fine?).