1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Flickering Black and White/Image too Large Problem!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by xCaliban, May 20, 2007.

1. xCaliban

xCaliban Member

Well I've finally encountered my first problem with a game and I think I know what it is, but just wanted a little from you people here on the forum. Anyways, I downloaded GTA: LCS and it burned just fine (Booktyped to DVD-ROM, Burned at 4x on an 8x burner using Nero, on Verbatim 16x DVD+R).

On the first booth wit SwapMagic 3.6 I used the normal boot and the game loaded but it was black and white and flipping all around. So I did an NTSC boot and it loaded fine, however the resolution of the game seems to be off and doesn't fit on the screen. Even when trying to center the screen it's still to long vertically. I assume I must have downloaded a PAL version which is why, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

2. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

Yup, a rolling/black and white screen indicates you are playing a game from another region.

While Swap Magic does support a forced video mode, even if you force the game to whatever region your TV/PS2 is, it may still be off center or in black and white.

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  3. xCaliban

xCaliban Member

Thanks, thats what I thought. Upon further searching torrents I seen more that indicate it's a PAL version with the same size. Oh well, atleast it still burned and played!

4. steimy

steimy Active member

You are always going to get a little screen cut off when playing games from other regions and using Swap Magic to do it. Just one of the programs flaws.