1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Re-formatting

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Sublimize, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Sublimize

Sublimize Member

I was wondering if anybody here might be able to answer my question.

I recently bought a geForce 8800, and hooked it up to my HDTV (via component cable). I've gotten it to where the picture is absolutely beautiful and crystal clear. The only problem is that the picture "extends" beyond the side of my screen. In other words, the top, bottom, and each side of my desktop are cut off. I cannot see the task bar or half of my sidebar, and icons are defaulted offscreen.

I have tried every available resolution and they, if anything, make the problem worse (not to mention that the image quality takes a sharp drop). So this is not a screen resolution issue. I've spent a great deal of time trying, and my screen resolution is not the problem. AND, I've tried any available option on the TV itself.

So what I wanted to know, is if there is any option to maybe change the keystone settings through vista? Or basically, ANYTHING that will help me re-shape the size of the displayed picture. I'll even look at third party apps at this point. I really appreciate any help you guys can give. Thank!

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I know that if I got into my settings for my video card by clicking on advanced at the Display Properties screen I can adjust the position and size of the display for the tv. If there aren't a lot of options there I would go to the manufacturers site and see what software they have available (maybe download a manual too).