1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Resolution resetting after power down?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mduga, Dec 10, 2007.

1. mduga

mduga Regular member

I bought a 19" LCD TV to replace my old CRT monitor. I am very happy with it, except for my resolution keeps resetting itself every time I power it on. I set the resolution to what I like (1280x768), but after powering down my computer, the next time I boot up, it's set at 800x600 again.

I read of a little registry hack to set the default resolution. So I even tried that, and after a restart of the computer, it's back to 800x600. How can I get it to automatically be set to 1280x768 every time my computer boots?

Or am I just gonna have to keep setting it manually every time my computer is reset or powered down?

Thanks for any help.
    -duga

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The only thing I can think of is if the ESID data is faulty on the LCD TV, in which case you'll need to disable recognition of ESID in your graphics control panel.

3. RottenKid

RottenKid Member

Probably because its a TV. But there is information missing.

1. What port on your graphics card is the cable connected to? VGA? DVI? Composite?

2. What port on the TV is the cable connected to?

3. What graphics card: Model, driver verison?

4. Any adapters involved? Ie: vga to composite; vga to component?

4. SSDrifter

SSDrifter Guest

1.Which LCD TV do you have?
    The only suggestion i can give is don't push your LCD TV that high, cuz i have a 31" LCD TV and it cant support 1280, but it runs like a charm on 1024, just check it out if it resets when set to 1024.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  5. mduga

mduga Regular member

The TV is an LCD 19" widescreen tv. My computer is connected using a VGA wire. Connected to the VGA connection on the TV. No connectors or anything. Couldn't find any ESID setting to turn off. Where do I find that? I even tried to google it and nothing came up.

My grahics card is a RADEON X300 and has the latest RADEON drivers.

Any other suggestions, or am I just gonna have to get used to switching the resolution every time I boot up?

Thanks guys.

6. mduga

mduga Regular member

There was an EDID setting, not EDIS. I turned this off and restarted my computer. The resolution I wanted came up without me having to set it. I finally thought I fixed it, but then after work I powered up my PC and it was back in 800x600. So I set it to what I like it to be (1280x768) and it wasn't even lined up on the screen. It was like way off. So I turned the IDID setting back on and it was back to normal. I am just gonna have to keep setting it every time I boot up my PC, aren't I?

There isn't any other things I can try?

Thanks for the help.

7. troybunda

troybunda Member

nothin wrong with your computer, i got the same thing but i have a 32" LCD TV and it just defaults to 800x600. you can change it after os loads but when computer boots BIOS sets settings to 800x600, nothin you can do. (Safty feature on computer incase your go out of range with resolution). =)