1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screen shift

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 9ag14e, Nov 18, 2003.

1. 9ag14e

9ag14e Member

I am running a Playstation 2 with a Dms 3 on a 65in Toshiba wide screen tv. I have noticed since the mod chip was installed that when playing a backup game that the picture on the screen is shifted to the right leaving a black bar on the left side of the screen. At first I thought there was somthing wrong with my tv but when I am watching tv or a movie everything is centered correctly. I hooked my playstation up to a panisonic 32 in 4:3 tv and everything was fine. I have not tried using a origenal ps2 disk yet. I have backed all of my games up and I am only using the backups. Is there a problem with the chipped ps2 operating on a wide screen tv or is this posible a problem with the install. I did not notice this problem prior to having my ps2 chipped. Have you ever seen anything like this befor.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

most ps2 games aren't 16:9 although some have that option. Could it be that the black bar is happening because you are outputing a 4:3 signal to a widescreen tv? when you watch tv do you have to set the tv to stretch the image or do you have bars on the sides?

3. 9ag14e

9ag14e Member

I do not have to strech anything else. My tv and dvd player works fine and my ps2 use to work fine untill it was modded. I am wondering if there is a compatability problem with the dms3 and widscreen tvs. I have used my modded ps2 on a standard tv and it works fine. Once again I will say it use to work fine with the widescreen untill it was modded.