1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screen/sound problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by cfl777, Aug 31, 2004.

1. cfl777

cfl777 Member

i recently burned a svcd with menus and everything, only when i played it on my tv the video was all stretched out and the video to sound didnt line up
    what the heck did i do wrong?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well First tell up what you did and then we can tell you what you did wrong...

3. cfl777

cfl777 Member

all i did was have 4 mpeg files and i made a menu for them and then i burned it with neroo
    then when i put it in my dvd player it was bigger then the screen and thesound was off

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Did you Let Nero re-encode the Mpeg files???
    Because a Stretched picture is caused from Improper Resizeing when encodeing..If NERO did Not Re-encode the Files then the Picture was allready stretched in the Mpeg files but if Nero re-encoded file files then it Probably caused the stretched Image....

You should "NEVER" let nero encode your files because Nero"s encoder is total crap and it has no settings to correct such Problems....

5. cfl777

cfl777 Member

what should i encode them with

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I suggest useing something like "Tmpgenc" or the "MainConcept Encoder" or "Canopus Procoder" or "CinemaCraft Encoder" In my opinion these are the Only encoders that are worth useing....

I suggest useing Tmpgenc or Tmpgenc Xpress as they are probably the easiest to use but it isn"t a very fast encoder so if you have a slow PC then it could take a Long time to encode....Cheers

7. cfl777

cfl777 Member

which one is the fastest?

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well CinemaCraft Encoder SP is the Fastest but it is Too Difficult to use for the Regular Person and it is Far too expensive at $2000 US....
    If you want Speed then Try the "MainConcept encoder" as it is Very fast and produces Good Quality and Is Fairly easy to use if you Know a bit about mpeg encodeing But it also isn"t cheap at over $100 and the Demo version leaves a watermark on the encoded Video....

I recomended Tmpgenc cuz they have Fully Functional 30 day demo versions that you can Download....

9. cfl777

cfl777 Member

thanks