1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screensaver help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mikeo1313, Jan 8, 2007.

1. mikeo1313

mikeo1313 Member

I need help in bad way i cant get any screensavers to work on my computer after i go to start,control and pick my screensaver i then wait for it to start. But no matter which screen saver i have picked i allways get the same error message I box pops up that says ,Microsoft visual C++runtime library, Runtime error, prorgam:c:\windows\(then it list the name of the screensaver ) abnormal program termination. Please help me i cant get any screen saver to work they all do the same thing. thanks for the help in advance. i have deleted all my screensavers and reinstalled them. that does not work at all

2. bkim

bkim Member

does the error message pop up when you click apply in the screen saver settings or when the time passes and when it's about to go into screen saver mode?
    try the microsoft web site and go to the FAQs. those might help.
    good luck

3. mikeo1313

mikeo1313 Member

it happens when it is time for the screensaver to start

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@mikeo1313

This problem is a windows system error. You need to got to the microsoft page or search google for the Microsoft Visucal C++runtime libary download. Its a software package that you need to reinstall and that should bring it back to normal.

Otherwise you may just need to do a repair install of windows.