1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scrolling screen and in black and white.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by slobkilla, Jul 23, 2007.

1. slobkilla

slobkilla Member

So there I was happily playing my modded xbox with the X3 CE chip with UnleashX as a dashboard until the 360 came out and I moved. Then my unmodded 360 went down while it has been sent to microsoft for repairs I decided to pull the old box out. As of right now I can't get the chip to boot at all except for when I first pulled it out of the closet. I let a couple of kids play on it and now when I try to boot with the chip the box turns it self on and off three times then it frags red and green. If I try boot with the chip disable the screen starts to scroll if the tray is empty. If there is a game in the tray it will play but in all conditions the screen is in black and white even on different TV's. I thought of reflashing the chip but with the screen so distorted I can't get to the page I need to get the IP address of the Box. I'm not sure what to do from this point. Can anyway help.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Try a Slayers, also stick to one thread or you will be banned!

3. steimy

steimy Active member

they may have fooled with some settings when they were on it. problem is that if you can not see well enough to navigate to the region menu to change it you can not get the screen to stop scrolling.

To fix the other problems you can either try Slayer 2.7 as mentioned above to reformat the drive and reinstall all your programs. Or even reflashing the chip as you mentioned. There is really no telling what they could have messed with. But it sounds more like a software issue then a hardware issue if it worked before the kids got on it.

4. slobkilla

slobkilla Member

what I'm going to try and do is get another xbox so I can change up the region menu. Is slayers something you get from bins? Do you have to burn it as an ISO on something like nero?

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yeah, it'll be an ISO and you can get it from Xbins. My tutorials show you how to get on Xbix if you don't know how!

6. slobkilla

slobkilla Member

on e more quicj question for now. where in the bins is slayers listed under?

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

/XBOX/Console Based Applications/apps/Auto Installers/

but it just links to a torrent file!

Go browsing on torrents to find it!

8. slobkilla

slobkilla Member

The latest version I was able to find on xbins was the 2.6. I'll try burning this and loading after I try this flashbios_v303 I just burned. So far I'v tried the enigma video switcher as well as the x3_3294. The deal with the flash disk I burned is I get a message saying no bios update found... halting.