1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCSI Target error

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Fill, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Fill

Fill Guest

im trying to burn DVDs with a Matshita DVD-RAM LF-D310 using nero 5.5.10.35 but i keep getting SCSI Target error's anyone know why this might be happening?

2. Fill

Fill Guest

Iv upgraded to Nero 6 but now every time i try to burn a DVD it says Drive in use by other Program but nothing eles is using the drive

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What other burner programs you got installed. Is in CD working in the background?

4. Fill

Fill Guest

At the moment I’ve got no other programs installed as I formatted my computer to se if it would fix the problem but it hasn’t. Also the cd is not working in the background.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

This is an ASPI layer problem. Have you got ASPI layers installed and working properly. You can get an ASPI check from adaptec to find out or this website i think also.

6. PunkJr

PunkJr Guest

I used to get this problem when I tried to burn at 1x and occasionally at 2x. Now I use DVD Shrink and Nero but I defrag between the two and I also restart my computer. I burn at 2x on 4x Princo's and have not had one problem since. I think you may find that it could be a number of problems. Alot of trial and error. Good luck.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

If you have ASPI 4.71 installed, downgrade to the more stable 4.60

8. Fill

Fill Guest

what is ASPI?

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It is an Advanced SCSI Programming Interface that allows your DVD Writer to work.

10. Fill

Fill Guest

Where can i get ASPI 4.60

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

From Adaptec website

12. Fill

Fill Guest

Iv now found that this problem is being caused by aol anyone ever had or heard if this problem or how to fix it?

13. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

hahahaha being caused by AOL !!: )

Sorry , that's so funny.

I very much doubt your hardware problem is being caused by AOL some how (just a guess)

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I tend to agree with that one. Have no idea how AOL can cause that problem!

15. Fill

Fill Guest

here’s how: i formatted my computer and had nothing on other than nero and DVDs would copy fine i then put AOL on my computer and it stopped working again. I also too my DVD writer and put it in another machine that didn’t have AOL installed and hey presto it worked, I then put it in another machine that had AOL installed on it and the DVD writer wasn’t working again coincidence I don’t think so.

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Get on to AOL and ask them how their software can possibly prevent your writer from working.

17. Fill

Fill Guest

I tried that and they said they had that this was the first time they’d ever heard of this so there is nothing they can do and to try and that the problem is with the driver for the DVD writer.

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

First time i've heard of it to :-/