1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD Cards For Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by pablo123, Dec 19, 2007.

1. pablo123

pablo123 Member

I just ordered a Wii and was wondering if anyone knows anything about saving to an SD Card. Do I have to buy the SD Card with Wii stamped on it, or can I use any SD Card? I currently have a Kingston 1 GB SD Card. If I can use any SD Card such as the one I already own, do I have to format it and install anything on it first? I really don't feel like buying a Wii SD Card because they are a lot more expensive than a regular Sd Card. If anyone has an answer to this, I'd appreciate it.

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Do not buy the "official" Wii SD cards- they are a rip off.

You can use the one you already have. You don't have to put anything in it just put it inside the Wii and that's it.

3. pablo123

pablo123 Member

Thanks man, I appreciate the info.

4. Raptor22F

Raptor22F Guest

Does anyone know the maximum capacity of the SD Card can the wii accept?

5. falcon209

falcon209 Regular member

Currently the max capacity for an SD card supported by the Wii is 2Gb.

No word as of yet if a future firmware update will make the Wii support larger cards -- don't hold your breath.

Like the previous poster stated: DO NOT BY OFFICIAL Wii SD CARDS!!! Any SD card will do.

I use a 2Gb Transcend SD card for my saved games backup and also to hold my NES & SNES ROMs that I play.