1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seagate 120gb pcb

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by somerset1, Feb 24, 2008.

1. somerset1

somerset1 Member

Hi all,
    I'm in a bit of a pickle, was transfering files and folders for daughter, from one drive to another. Next thing you know (sizzle) blew circult board. (yes,yes I know I should of backed up first)(Had the lecture of what a great dad I am to loose the hdd already)So to get to the point, I'm asking anyone for help or better still anyone with a dead seagate 120gb hdd, but with a working pcb. Firmware version 3.54 or 3.06, 2mb cache.
    Any help in this matter would save me from another scolding from my eldest.
    Many thanks to all
    A suffering father.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

which circuit board did you fry, bottom of drive or inside of drive? are you certain the drive is fried as might be the drive's data cable or the motherboard's port causing the problem?

3. somerset1

somerset1 Member

Thanks for the reply,
    I can assure you it was the circult board under the drive, have the board in front of me with a small burnt chip on it.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is possible you have damaged the internal 1 too. check on ebay to see if anybody is selling that same hd. have you checked with seagate for a possible board?