1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seagate External Wont Play Video_TS!

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by jzak, May 31, 2014.

1. jzak

jzak Member

Hey Guys,

So Ive got this external Seagate hard drive which is connected through USB 3.0. With the USB 3.0 connection, the drive seems faster (about 90 Mb/s) then my internal SATA drives, but when I play a VIDEO_TS on either KMplayer, or My Movies, the movie freezes up. I cant even skip a chapter without the player crashing. When I play the same movie through my other drives, I dont experience any problems.

I changed the cashing option on the drive to optimal performance, but It didn't change anything. I'm even thinking about cracking the damn thing open, and put the external drive in the computer.

Can someone help me here!

Thanks!

Josh

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. attar

attar Senior member

3. jzak

jzak Member

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, the program wouldnt even let me run a test on the drive. First, it recognized the drive capacity as 500GB (My drive is 4 TB), then when I started the test it said "Read Error, Test Aborted."

I'm connected through a PCI-E to USB 3.0 card, so thinking it was maybe the card, I connected it to a normal USB connector and got the same result.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Try the Pro version - it's newer and says it has a 15 day trial.

5. jzak

jzak Member

I think i've got a more serious problem with that external Seagate. I hooked up my little portable Seagate usb 3.0 powered 1tb hard drive and everything worked perfectly. I was playing "16 Blocks" flawlessly, while copying several other movies AT THE SAME TIME!

There is obviously something very wrong with my 4tb external drive. I'm open to any suggestions!

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I would hook the drive up outside of the enclosure, backup your files, format the drive and see if you can reproduce the issue.