1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search engines remember?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Reflector, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Reflector

Reflector Member

Hi all, ive just reformated my PC and ive noticed that now, everything i type into a search engine, its remembered. I mean that if i go to type it bak in, its already there in a drop-down menu. Can anybody help me get rid up this "remembering" function. Any help is much acpreciated thanks

Reflector

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

If your using google then click on the word google to the left of the search box and select options and then untick the bit that says 'drop down search history'

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Nothing to do with CD-R. Thread moved :)

4. Reflector

Reflector Member

Very sorry...
    but i cant find the options thing on google, all it says is the big "GOOGLE" at the top of the screen, then some other things below, theres no google to the left either. Also this is on any page now, thanks for ur help, any other suggestions? Plz

5. Xian

Xian Regular member

If you are using Internet Explorer, you need to turn off autocomplete. Tools menu/Internet Options/Content Tab. There should be an AutoComplete button there. Turn off the settings and clear the forms.

The methods that agent-k said only work if you have the Google Toolbar installed.