1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search for Absolute Best Quality Backup

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by soulsling, May 29, 2004.

1. soulsling

soulsling Member

Lookin for someone whose tried it all and has an opinion about the absolute highest quality program for dvd backin up. I own nero 6 and dvdxcopy platinum.
    Factors to consider:
    Is it great quality but a multiple step, multiple program, time consuming process?
    I'm tryin to keep it simple but i strive for the perfect backup.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/83430
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/84078

Just a couple of threads that might answere your question. If you already have Nero 6 and XCopy Platinum I'm sure you know some of your questions.

One member said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" I have several dvd backup programs and all seem to produce the same quality. I watch them on 27" to 32" tvs and all look great. I've seen members say they play on larger tvs and quality is still great. If you have Nero 6 and XCopy Platinum, get DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. You'll find your favorite, I did(Shrink and Decrypter).

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

soulsling, there are dozens of ways to go in this field. For the most part all have good quality. 2 big favorites around here are shrink-decrypter and nero 6. Everyone has their own way of doing things, and for a large part you can mix and match. I prefer Anydvd (your ripper-runs in the background, nothing to do) and nero recode(which does what shrink does,only better). If you have nero 6 you have recode2 so I don't understand the "time consuming process" statement. With these 2 programs and nero cover design(also in nero 6) I can do a back-up complete with cover of a 2-hour movie and special features in under an hour. You can't get much simpler or quicker than that. I watch my movies on a 56"HDTV by Mitsibushi and the pictures are excellent.PS-if you don't want to buy Anydvd you can use dvd43(free) and it will do the same thing. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2004
  5. brian100

brian100 Guest

For quality backups on a low budget you should use DVDrebuilder/CCE. It's not fast, but If it's quality that you're after try it. DVDshrink doesnt come close. It is also a genuine 1 click backup system.

6. siber

siber Regular member

Brian100: I love Rebuilder with CCE. It's not QUITE '1 click' but it is really simple - once you have set it up according to the guide here on AD. Nevertheless it probably is not necessary if you are 'Shrinking' at 85-95%. It certainly is not necessary if your file is less than 4.4G to start with. CCE/Rebuilder really shines with reducing, for exemple, a 8G movie down to 4.4G DVD. Then it is unbeatable.