1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEARCHING FOR GUIDANCE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by fatdragon, Apr 29, 2005.

1. fatdragon

fatdragon Member

I recently got my PS2 modded,,,,, and now I am interested to get my Xbox done the same. For the Xbox my main issue is to play RM files, AVI files, and MP3 files. Here is the Question, which chip should I get? Do I really need the LCD screen? Prefer solderless. Planning to install 160gig Seagate HD. Please HELP Me. Thanks to all who reply to this post.

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I would look into doing a search because all of those questions have been answered tons of times, but since your a n00b your forgiven. There are tons of chips to choose from and they depend on which version box you have. There are also plenty of solderless chips to choose from.

Modding a Xbox has more benifits than modding a ps2. all of the things you want can be done with a modded xbox, most of which with a app called Xbox Media Center (XBMC). it is a very powerful program for the xbox.

And No you do not need a LCD screen, LOL!

3. fatdragon

fatdragon Member

thanks for the reply deepz1, I hope you understand the LCD screen part, is the display embedded onto the xbox that I was referring to.

4. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

OH, you mean the LCD for the chip. My bad, No its not needed. it is just a fancy add-on for the excuter3 chip. It has some functionality, but nothing that can ONLY be utilized with the LCD add-on.

5. fatdragon

fatdragon Member

thanks for letting me know deezp1.

I am interest in the SmartXX v2 or Xenium SP(ICE). Have anybody use either one of these. What are some Pros and Cons btwn the two???

6. Twinski

Twinski Regular member