1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

searching for hd receiver

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by ezkim0x, Jan 27, 2007.

1. ezkim0x

ezkim0x Regular member

I'm looking for a HD receiver mostly with component inputs.. but would like to have at least 1 hdmi input as well (more doesn't hurt)

I found the Pioneer VSX82TXS
    http://www.tvcity.tv/productview.aspx?ID=1746

but it doesn't say anything about having any component outputs.. only inputs.

what would you suggest I get?

my setup:

ViewSonic HDTV (1 of each: component/hdmi/composite/s-video inputs)
    Panasonic DVD (has component inputs)
    Nintendo Wii (has component inputs / already have the connector)
    Media Center PC (have DVI input ..I already have a dvi cable and a dvi to hdmi converter because my tv doesn't have dvi)

soon I'll have a Dish Network topbox in my room as well.. right now I'm having to use the one upstairs with UHF/RF signals.. but I'm going to try and get a second box soon.. so I can setup HD with it as well.. (plus I just got the harmony 520 and it doesn't support UHF/RF signals)

EDIT;

actually do I need the composite outputs? as long as I have a HD output (ie hdmi) ..if I have the channel on my hdtv on hdmi .. and have the channel on the receiver on a component channel?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  2. david66

david66 Regular member

If the receiver has component inputs it has component out I have a Pioneer receiver with 2 component in and one component out the reason is some older HDTVs have component inputs only

3. jakewash

jakewash Member

It upconverts to the HDMI any way so you could just use the HDMI cables from the amp to your TV and bedone with it. But as was stated if it has component in it will have component out.

Sherwood Newcastle is apparently going to have some new AVR's out later this year with HDMI 1.3, as are most of the other larger players in this segment(Denon, H/K(if rumors are correct), Yamaha), so you may want to wait if you are at all interested in going the HDMI route.

4. gdodd12

gdodd12 Member

All you need from the receiver to the tv is one HDMI cable. Then you will just plug everything into the reciever. You will change the sources on the reciever, but not on the TV.