1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Hand Playstation 2 [3000] Help!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shine87, Jan 29, 2005.

1. shine87

shine87 Member

Hello All..
    I have a couple of questions to ask and if somone could answer me with a straight forward answer it would be greatful XD. I've just bought a second hand Playstation 2 [NTSC](Japanese)(3000), It came with a AR2? Im not sure if its the actual thing or not but its in the shape of a memory card and it saids AR2 to on it? I assume that its a action replay 2 chip thingie. Is this all i need to play backups or do i need the actual AR2 Disk to play? If i can play backups just with the memory card looking like thing will this kind of setup have a problem? PS2[NTSC] > [PAL] Game > [PAL] TV ? Will ALL NTSC Games work on my PS2 like american NTSC ones? last and not least if i do need a AR2 Disk where and how can i obtain one?

2. shine87

shine87 Member

Is there anything diffrent about Swapmagic Disks that are made for NTSC USA? Can you use it on a JAP console cause its NTSc anyway?

3. Dix_Fix

Dix_Fix Regular member

Your PS2 should work fine on your TV. Most "newer" type TVs are compatable with PAL & NTSC. You may need swapdisk or DMS4 or some other mod to make all your out of region (US,UK,AUS)games work as the Jap console will only want to play disks CD/DVD5/DVD9 originals with the right area codeing. With a mod & backups there is no problem as that is the whole idea of the mod/modchip i.e. to play backups or incorrect region disks.

4. shine87

shine87 Member

Oh Thanks, Does a USA SM Disk work with a JAP Console cause they are both NTSC anyway? Cause im going to have to buy a ntsc version of SM which i have to order from overseas and cant decide which1 to order XD

5. Dix_Fix

Dix_Fix Regular member

I'm not 100% sure about Swapmagic it should do so long as its not region coded. I can't see that being the case. When you are going to buy it, ask. They will certainly be able to help.

6. shine87

shine87 Member

thank you