1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

second HDD

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Klarke, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Klarke

Klarke Member

i jsut recently installed a second HDD into my computer, at first i installed xp on, after that my computer would only boot of the newly installed drive, so i disabled my cd & dvd drive, then it worked from the old drive, i then proceeded to format the newly installed drive, but when i boot up my computer i still have two windows xp OS's to choose from, and it will only boot if the cd drives are disabled, i can't boot from the xp cd either, i have the old drive on master and the new one on slave
    what should i do?

2. ducatis

ducatis Guest

Unfortunately when you install a slave drive - aka second drive - you have to format both. When you insert the xp cd and it says "push any key to boot from cd" do so. It will then go into an xp thingy. As soon as you push a key to load the disc, look down the bottom of the screen while the xp cd is loading. eventually it will say "to install something blahblahblah push the F10 key" - its something like that cant remeber. then just follow instructions.

3. Klarke

Klarke Member

thanx but i figured it out
    i jsut let it load over night and in the morning i was in now it loads just fine, and i did not have to format both HDD's thankfully