1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

second sight - PAL

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ryohki, Apr 25, 2005.

1. ryohki

ryohki Member

hey guys...
    when I try to play my backup of this with swapmagic 3.3, I get "please insert a valid ps2 disc"
    what's going on? everything else seems fine.

2. ryohki

ryohki Member

seems it's a case of the TOC being larger than swap magic's...
    SM 3.3 can load a larger toc by ejecting the disc, putting in a bigger one, such as GTA3(PAL) then doing the swap.

works a treat now.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

That's odd. The PAL version must be bigger than the NTSC version. I have the NTSC version and backed it up. Use Swap Magic 3.3 and it works fine.

4. DyingIsis

DyingIsis Member

I bought the PAL version and it needs patching to work with swap magic. I got it working but took it back in the end cos it's crap to be honest. I even threw the backup away, and not just to be a law abiding citizen, just cos it was shit. Shame really with it being made by the guys who did Time Splitters. Go get Psi-Ops instead cos from the first ten mins or so which I've played so far it seems a much better game with pretty much the same story.
    XxXSebXxX

5. steimy

steimy Active member

come on now, it isn't that bad.

Now Psi_Ops is a much better game but Second Sight was kind of fun too.

And if you want to really get evil get The Suffering or Area 51

6. DyingIsis

DyingIsis Member

Oh The Suffering gave me PLENTY of scares. I shat myself numerous times. Aint bothered playing Area 51 as yet cos it just kinda looks like a HALO ripoff. The Suffering 2 is due out at some point isn't it? My only problem with the original was the whole three endings thing cos I just totally couldn't be bothered playing it all the way through three times just to see a different ending. Also if you are trying to get the goody ending, you make one slipup without realising and you're screwed.
    XxXSebXxX

7. steimy

steimy Active member

Area 51 is a good game, there are many games you could call a Halo rip off, but Halo is just a rip off of Half-Life anyway. the ultimate alien first person shooter in my opinion.

Having David Duchovny (or however you spell that) really just makes the game. But i think it is a lot of fun, but then again i like Narc and that is sort of cheesey, but the soundtrack of old & new druggy songs i just love.
    White Lines, Hits From The Bong, I'm Your Pusher....classics