1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Sight & Swap Magic.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by davedumb, Oct 1, 2004.

1. davedumb

davedumb Guest

Are they even compatable. I don't think they are.
    I use a pioneer dvr-106 and Datawrite Yellow.
    It works for every game except Sec. Sight.
    I tried burning 1:1 - pink border on DVDmagic 2
    I downloaded the DVD version from Suprnova - pink border.
    I downloaded a CD version with 2 CD's which loaded OK but if I EVER come in to contact with anyone then its an instant crash.

I know swapmagicfix.com says it is compatible but I can't use CD/DVD gen. Im stumped- is there any other program similar to CD/DVD gen.

Please help.
    BTW. I can't email outwards so I will postmy email address on this thread if needed.

thanx anyways

2. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

3. davedumb

davedumb Guest

nice one man, I haven't read it yet but I'm sure it will help.

Have you had a backup of Second Sight working yet. I had one load on but crash just into gameplay. That was on CDr.

On the CD\DVD gen it always says recording unit not connected its a f_king nightmare

4. davedumb

davedumb Guest

yeah, um, I just looked at the guide and I think it may be a bit complex for me right now. I was only trying to put Second Sight on DVD-r but on sony CD\DVD gen it just keeps giving that rec. unit error.

Do you know of a guide that simply explains step-by-step the process. Coz it doesn't mention the rec. unit on swapmagicfix.com

thanks alot for replying btw.

5. davedumb

davedumb Guest

mate. I will pay you £5 if you send me Sec. Sight on DVDr.
    I already have the original but I want a backup
    Once I have the backup I can make my own copy no probs and the original DVD can stay safe in its box for ever.

6. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

that problem where it says recording unit not connected is normal, when it comes up just click on ok, then it will say initialization failed, just click on ok, then the recording unit will pop up, click on file then export image, then choose a name to save the file and click on ok and it will start to work

7. davedumb

davedumb Guest

specy, specy, specy!!!!!!

8. davedumb

davedumb Guest

i tried everything you guys told me to. I got CD\DVD gen to work and I followed what swapmagicfix says to do.
    But it still doesn't load up in the console.

When you use CDVD Gen do you have to create the folders yourself and drag/drop every single file. Or can you do what I did and use the "put directory" part in the edit bit up top of screen.

Anyway I've used about 10 blank discs on this now. has anyone got this working. please post if so.

9. djjammer

djjammer Member

tested yes second sight & swap magic work great no problems.