1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

secter encrypted?!?! ERROR HELP!! PLS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andydru83, Dec 15, 2004.

1. andydru83

andydru83 Guest

it keeps saying sector encrypted and i get an error it is with the movie hero. any help would be very appreciated thanks.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey there Andydru83,

If you read your own post would you wouldn't expect anyone to answer it ?

What proggys are you using ?

What error are you getting EXACTLY and what are you doing when you get it ? Analyzing ? Ripping ? Encoding ?

Provide us with some information when you post so we don't have to beg for it, OK ?

Thanks,

Pete

3. andydru83

andydru83 Guest

hey it happens with dvd shrink, dvd decryptor, and dvd copy x. it is when it is first reading analyzing. or whatever. when it is putting it on my pc so i guess it is encoding i can tell u in a min.

4. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

andydru it sounds like you need to go to the guides section of this awesome site and read the guide titled Copy entire DVD-9 movie to a single DVD-R using DVD Shrink. if it still happens. start playing the movie once the actual movie starts let it play for a minute or two pause the player and open dvd shrink after shrink is done analyzing close the dvd player and start the ripping and encoding. doing this helps dvd shrink find the key to backup this movie.also if you have a seperate dvd player and dvd burner installed try both of them sometimes only my burner can decode it. good luck! you will get it listen to scuba pete he is the best solved alot of my problems i always read what he post you never know when it will come in handy.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Thanks for the nice words slmh1296, isn't it nice being on the answering side ? I thought you'd like it.

andydru83,

Ok, so it seems like DVD Shrink is having trouble ripping this DVD.

No worries, if slmh1296's little "tip" doesn't help then we'll use DVD Decrypter for what it does better than anybody else - it rips the crap out of any DVD in it's way. (Lol)

I'd like you to check your DVD Decrypter's settings. First, it should be version 3.5.1.0. Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove IFO/BUP PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove IFO/BUP PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with lightly scratched discs which may cause ripping problems.

Under "Mode" we have a choice of either File or ISO Read to rip our DVD. The main page S/B self explanatory -BUT so's you don't get too lost, follow along here - Under "Source" find the drive with your original DVD and in "Destination", Hopefully you prepared a folder to put your work in so anywhere in your prepared folder. Then "click" the Drive to HD "icon" -

We'll wait for the "rip, the music will let us know when DVD Decrypter is finished :) Meanwhile, I'm going for coffee and a smoke - I'll be back when it's done ~ ~>
    Now, go rip our happy heart out - :) For this time, let's use "Mode" "File to take care of your DVD :)

HINT: If you are going to burn with DVD Decrypter, DON'T FORGET TO - go back to DVD Decrypter after ripping, to reset the "Mode" from "File" to "ISO - Write".

Now, check the files and if they're not in a folder that says VIDEO_TS then make a folder and name it that - all in CAPS and put all your files inside. Now open DVD Shrink, Open files and get your folder and process as usual -

BTW, What guide are you using ?

Don't forget, stop back and let us know how you make out -

Pete