1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sector 16 error while using ripit4me for employee of the month

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gr81djb, Jan 29, 2007.

1. gr81djb

gr81djb Member

I have been having some issues lately making a back-up copy of newer released dvds. I usually use dvd decryper of dvd fab. Theres always 1 file that does'nt rip. I looked here for help and saw people had a lot of success w/ripit4me so I gave it a try. While making a copy of Employee of the Month, I got the following message:

---------------------------
    RipIt4Me
    Couldn't read sector 16 while parsing file system.
    OK

What can I do to fix this. As always, everyones help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

3. gr81djb

gr81djb Member

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the instructions provided and I cannot find the application folder that contains ripit4me to change the value for UseOldCheckCode from 0 to 1. Would it be somewhere else?

Find your RipIt4Me.ini file. Windows XP users will find it in C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Username>\Application Data\RipIt4Me.

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

It may be hidden. you have to go into Windows Folder Options and then click on the View tab and then choose Show Hidden Files abd Folders.

5. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

This faq is obsolete Update to resolve issue.

30. RipIt4Me doesn't recognise my drive or I get Can't read sector 16 errors. What can I do?

Note: This FAQ is redundant since version 1.6.4.0

Make sure you have installed the latest version of RipIt4Me.

Find your RipIt4Me.ini file. Windows XP users will find it in C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Username>\Application Data\RipIt4Me.

Ensure RipIt4Me is closed. Open the INI file in Notepad (or any text editor) and change the value for UseOldCheckCode from 0 to 1. Save the INI file and re-open RipIt4Me.

6. gr81djb

gr81djb Member

I went into the windows folder then options and then the view tab and there is nothing in that tab to unhide. Am I missing something? I unistalled and reinstalled ripit4me and still no luck.

7. gr81djb

gr81djb Member

I some how stimbled upon the folder and changed the values. I am now getting error: dvd drive locked or not found.

8. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Thry updated this again...now there is a utility to do it for you

http://www.ripit4me.org/faq.html#faq30

RipIt4Me doesn't recognise my drive or I get Can't read sector 16 errors. What can I do?

Note: This FAQ is redundant since version 1.6.4.0

However, if you are still experiencing these errors, please run this utility and report your results to the Forum. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  9. gr81djb

gr81djb Member

Thanks everyone for your help. I download the new version RipIt4Me Version 1.6.7.0 and tried to run it. It then came up w/ could not find FixVTS1.603 so I download this as well and put it in the file. It did work and made a full disk rip. I tried another one and its starting back to sector 16 error. I don’t know why this is happening. It seems to always work on the first try after you download the rip, but when you want to do another it errors out. Weird? I ran the utility report and I want to post the results to the forum but I am unsure how to do that. I ran the LbaExtract.zip. Is this what I am supposed to run? Again I really appreciate everyone’s help! Just an FYI, If anyone is having trouble finding the RipIt4Me.ini to change the numbers like in the above posts, an easy way to locate this is to go into ripeit4me and click on log/settings and it pulls up the folder incase it is hidden in your other search.

10. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

3 February:
    Italian strings uploaded. Installer updated. A big thank you to all our string translaters. We're working on the bug reports and will have something out soon.