1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sector Is Encrypted Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Pariah, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Pariah

Pariah Regular member

I'm trying to make a backup of Futurama Volume 4. DVDs 1&2 worked fine on DVD Shrink. DVDs 3&4, however, crash about 75% through the "open disc" analysing and give an error "sector is encrypted". Anybody else having this problem arise? I will attempt Decryptor to see if it will help, but I really prefer to use Shrink as my program of choice because it decrypts, shrinks and burns.

2. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

Pariah, you should really get in the habit of using DVD Decrypter. With the new movies that come out, more and more of them are being encrypted to the point where DVD Shrink can't cut through them. The only way is with DVD Decrypter, or a few other programs. But DVD Decrypter is free and for the money, you can't beat it. Try running your movie through DVD Decrypter and then through Shrink.
    What proggy are you using to burn??? DVD Shrink will not burn DVD's. Are you using Decrypter, Nero???

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  3. Pariah

Pariah Regular member

Thanks. I used Decryptor, then Shrink on the file that Decryptor made. My DVD Shrink automatically burns using Nero, which is something I like because I don't have to get out of one program to go to another for burning - especially when I have more than one DVD I'm backing up at that time.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Using one program at a time, you're not serious ?pls don't take that the wrong way). It's drag and drop with Nero, close Shrink (or Decryptor), open Nero, select dvd-video, then drag & drop !

With the new protections, you are gonna probably need to put i little more effort in anyway, at least until the software makers can keep releasing workarounds, but you can't guarantee it will always be as simple as Shrink/burn.