1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SecuROM "new"V 4.84.84.0020

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by RobertJ, Sep 19, 2003.

1. RobertJ

RobertJ Member

I am very new to this . I did a search for this SecuROM "new"V 4.84.84.0020, what seems to be latest version of SecuRom and have found little info.
    I am trying to make a backup of Jedi Academy for PC.
    I have Alcohol 120, Alcohler, Blindwrite, CloneCD etc..
    I made a bwa file , I am not sure how to read it? If it is good or bad , or how to find one on the Net.
    Is this game too new to backup?
    I appoligize if the backup info is somewhere else on the site . I think I have all the tools , just not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated Thank You RobertJ

2. RobertJ

RobertJ Member

Well by golly I actually figured it out my self.
    Sucessfully got a working backup of Jedi Academy. I used the guide by Shoey:

"1. Start by making an image of the play cd of the game you want to copy. The datatype setting to use is securom new (not securom new 4.x) for this purpose and the image must be saved in CloneCD format and not in alcohol’s native format. Reading speed doesn’t matter. Max speed will be fine. [Note: If the game has more than one cd, the only one that will be protected will be the one that has to be in the drive to play the game. The other cd/s can be copied by just using your favorite general burning software (Nero, burnatonce) without any special settings.

2. Then either download a bwa file for the cd you want to copy or use blindwrite's bwa builder to make your own. If you're able to download a bwa file, then you can proceed straight to patching with Alcoholer 4x\TwinCreator. If not, well you'll just have to make one.

3. Next make a bwa file (skip this step if you've downloaded one). To make a bwa file, you need to use blindwrite's bwa builder. There is no need for blindwrite itself to be on your system. You can install blindwrite, copy the bwa builder exe file to another folder (Desktop preferably)or on your hard drive and then uninstall blindwrite if you don't want it on your system. The patin-couffin layer necessary for the bwa builder to function won't be removed when blindwrite is uninstalled.] There are two ways to use the bwa builder to make a good bwa file

a) Once you've put the play cd into your chosen reader, start the bwa builder. Select the reader, if you've got more than one, and speed. Low speeds (1x to 4x) usually work best but not always so experiment and see what works best for you and then click start. You'll then be asked if you want the program to set the last sector automatically. Either say yes if you want the bwa builder to analyze the whole cd or say No and set it yourself. If you say no, then you'll need to have previously set the max sector yourself - blackcheck has indicated that 50,000 is usually enough. The analysis will then start.

When it's finished, ,the graph will show a fairly smooth curve with only one or two spikes and preferably none. Don't worry if you can't get the perfect spikeless curves as not everyone is going to be able to achieve his flawless results. If there are only one or two spikes the copy will still work ok, particularly if the spikes aren't in the first 50,000 sectors (the copy will probably be a little slower to verify than one made with a spikeless bwa file but it will still work). [Tip: Don't terminate the analysis just because a number of spikes appear on the graph while the analysis is proceeding. Wait until it's finished because most all of them will be eliminated by the bwa builder as it completes the process. If there's a lot of spikes in the graph, don't bother with it. It won't work. Try again and if you again get a bad graph try at a different speed or with a different reader. Once you get one that looks ok, click on file and then save BWA to save the file.

b) If you can't get a good .bwa file just using the bwa builder, then you'll have to try to make one by converting an .mds file created by alcohol. To make an mds file with alcohol simply make an image of the play cd using securom new 4.x settings in mds/mdf format. When you're asked to select the measuring speed for the DPM function, again you'll probably get better results at low speed(1-4x). When it's finished making the image files, run the bwa builder and load the mds file by clicking on file and then load BWA/MDS. If the graph looks ok then create a .bwa file by clicking on File and then Convert MDS -> BWA. This will create a .bwa file in the same folder as your .mds file. You can then delete the mds/mdf files as they're no longer needed.

4. Now it's time to patch the image files.Open Alcoholer 4.x and locate the Alcohol 120% tab folder and run TwinCreator and leave the default of 15 as it works fine for me. However, 6 and 50 are also known to work. Select the .ccd file and the .bwa file and then click start TwinCreator.Click select support image and locate the .ccd file now click select media-description and locate the bwa file and then click start. When it's finished, you'll have three new files in the same folder where you saved the original image files. Those files will be patched.ccd, patched.img and patched.sub.

5. You've patched the image files and you're now ready to burn your back-up copy. Just start alcohol’s image burning wizard and burn patched.ccd using the securom new (not securom new 4.x) datatype setting. Because this type of copy is anything but standard,, you'll probably get better results if you burn at relatively low speed (say 8x). Before burning you'll be warned that the image size doesn't match the lead-out specified in the toc and you'll be given three burning options. The first option is correct: "Keep TOC as on source cd, write until end of image file".

Shoey :)___________"

It works perfect my only problem in the beganning was figuring out what folders the file were being saved in!

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

And another happy member! :)

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Yipee, Yahoo.. Congrats m8!

Shoey :)
    Those damn "Wolverines" lost....(blah)

5. K!ll-Burn

K!ll-Burn Member

robertj .... can you plz send me by e-mail the bwa file for jedi academy, i haVE Too much problem with my pc to create a bwa file so ... plz can you send it to me to
    burning_trooper@msn.com

6. Praetor

7. K!ll-Burn

K!ll-Burn Member

Send it to me FIRST !!!! lol joke but i really need this bwa plz

8. Praetor

Odds are if you are having problems making the BWA you will have problems burning too! So dont get so excited yet hehe.

9. K!ll-Burn

K!ll-Burn Member

lol ... its only that when try to make a bwa, im suppose to see 4 wave and i dont see any ... only a little flat line ... i dont know why it do that but ... if i have the bwa ... it will be ok ... and PS: it work for the burning process !!!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2003
  10. Tckilla

Tckilla Guest

Hey shoey, could you please send me that file too, i dont understand, after you send me a Pm i got the email but when i went copied the link to browser It just came up saying I have to be logged in first, and I am so i dont get it, but i would appreciate if someone could send me that file for Jedi too, got republic to work today, just wanna get that one already
    Thanks

Tckilla,
    Posting email is against forum rules as this is for your privacy and from the prevention of spam mail.

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2003
  11. Shoey

Shoey Guest