1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seekable mpeg asf or not

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by anshuman, May 30, 2004.

1. anshuman

anshuman Member

i have this 200mb asf file which isnt seekable. i have tried all the conventional asf inderxers but they dont work.The problem as a i see it is that the file doesnt come up as a asf, it shows as a mpeg. Anyone have any ideas on what do thanks
    Anshu

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well what is the Actual Format of the File?? Is it a ASF file or is it a Mpeg file???
    What I use to make ASF/WMV files seekable is a Little tool called "ASF Tools" which will repair and fix headers or bad frames or corrupted indexes and it will make seekable....
    If it is a Mpeg file then it should allready be seekable.....
    Why don"t you just convert it to AVI useing something like the HuffYUV Codec which is a Lossless codec so you will not loose any Quality and then from there you can do with it what you want....
    I use a Lottle tool called "Stoik Video Converter" to convert ASF/WMV Files to AVI and it works great and it is extremely fast and it supports many other formats also and it can convert Frame rates and change the resolution and it is Freeware....

Good luck