1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking Dash 4920

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by UserUnown, Jun 1, 2007.

1. UserUnown

UserUnown Member

I was wondering if anyone out there has/knows where I can get the original MS dashboard version 4920. I Googled my heart out, but all links point to the x-b-o-x.net site, which appears to be dead. Feel free to post here or PM me if you prefer. Thanks in advance! I appreciate your help.

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

TWhy would you want that old version? That dash belongs to the 2001-2003 consoles. Its very unlikely that you'll be able to find that dash version on the net. If you connect to Xbox live, it updates the dash to 5960 and you cannot softmod without having to update that dash version anyway. 5960 is everywhere i dont know what to say, 4920 will be hard find and like i said i dont think you'll find it on the net.

3. UserUnown

UserUnown Member

I need to install Linux on this xbox and it requires Dashboard 4920 or earlier. No worries, I don't plan on ever connecting to Xbox live. It was on the net as of a few months ago at x-b-o-x.net, so I'm hoping someone still has the file msdash.zip saved from that site.

4. UserUnown

UserUnown Member

Got it. x-b-o-x.com was sending my download request to x-b-o-x.net for some reason (which no longer exists). I thought this was on purpose, but I think it's just a mistake in the download script on the server because changing the url to .com fixed it and I have the file.

5. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I need to get that dash as well.