1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking dvd back-up help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jkcac, Nov 3, 2003.

1. jkcac

jkcac Member

I've been effortlessly trying to back up my own dvds, a friend said to use dvd x copy, but after shelling out the money on the dvdr/rw +/- I really can't afford that program. I've looked thru the guides here which seem very helpful, however the little pics they show for examples cover most of the wording. I would really like to find a way to just put a dvd in read it, then insert a blank & burn. If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it, those darn coasters are getting expensive.
    Thanks in advance.
    JK

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

3. jkcac

jkcac Member

Thanks, I'll try that.

4. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

on those guides there is a link to click if the pictures overlap the text.

DVD shrink is great and free and will rip and compress. Use the guide that Yuriv linked.

You will also need a burning program. Nero and Recordnow are the best but many other programs will work. You can get trial of both of them through the chrismccann website (Oriphus at Afterdawn). You can burn with burnatone which is linked at dvdshrink.info which is a free burning program. I have never used it but the website say that it will work.