1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seemingly broke my PS2.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by uranutan, Aug 27, 2007.

1. uranutan

uranutan Member

I recently got Swap Magic with a slide tool. I put the disc in, and it started normally. But I tried to use the slide tool and a little piece of my disc tray chipped off. Now I can't even open the tray normally and the Swap Magic DVD is still in, giving me a Disc Read Error. What can I do?

2. PsPlease

PsPlease Member

use the slide tool to open it haha

3. lanepwnu

lanepwnu Regular member

he broke the slide pin lol, now his laser is stuck in the closed position and you will never eject it. throw it away or keep it for spare parts cause i dont think the pin is replacable

4. PsPlease

PsPlease Member

try it with a knife if you cant do it theres a way to open the disk drive via a master switch on the ps2 , i cant remember where it is though if you cant find this im sorry but your a bit stuck

5. Cybertick

Cybertick Guest

If nothing work`s pull out the screw`s open up the ps2
    and take the disc manual out.
    Look what kind of crap lock`s your drive and with a bit of luck you will be able to play games like before.
    If something screwed up like the lense or the mechanic i think theres no way to get the ps2 back to life.
    Much luck