1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Seemless" play between tracks on live music

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rherron, Jan 19, 2003.

1. rherron

rherron Member

I know this has been asked here before, but I need someone to explain it to me like a 3rd grader (i.e. very specifically). How can I eliminate or minimize the gaps between tracks when making CDs? I have a number of live shows on MP3 and I want to make CDs that don't pause between tracks. Sort of breaks up the feel of the show. I am using Nero. I can download something else if it's better. How can I get rid of these gaps?

Rob

Last edited: Jan 19, 2003
  2. 3pm

3pm Member

rherron,

If you're talking about making a compilation CD, not just copying a whole CD:

--after you have dragged and dropped your tracks to the compilation list, double click a track to bring up a Properties box. In there is an option for setting the pause between songs (the Nero default is 2 seconds). Change it to "0" for no pause. You'll have to do it for every track (except the first; Nero needs at least two seconds before the first track, which wouldn't matter of course because there's no track before it). At least, that's how I do it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2003
  3. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

there are a couple of ways to get true seamless play between songs. The easiest is to use 'get it on cd' by steinberg. It allows you to take 2 live songs and merge them into each other so as 1 song gets done the other starts (this keeps the crowd noise from dissappearing). Not only is it good for that, but you can balance the volumes of the songs quite easily. What is nice about this, is that even though the songs merge together for a certain length, it still keeps them as separate songs.

4. dougi

dougi Member

Go with what 3 p.m said
    Thats the way I do it for bootlegs