1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Seems (a file) doesn't exist' error in Ifoedit

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ColinB, Oct 12, 2002.

1. ColinB

ColinB Guest

I am getting an 'error opening C:\SHADOWVAMP\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO. Seems, it doesn't exist' message whenever I try to use Ifoedit strip streams, remux or prety much anything else. It is true that I do not have that specific file, and this problem happens in whatever movie over 4.3G I dump to my HDD using DVDdecryptor. Any ideas, beause I can't use any part of IFO edit. Thanks.

2. harvey713

harvey713 Member

I have an idea. Use SmartRipper. I have used DVD Decryptor, in my opinion, the program does things that make no sense to me.
    Give us your technique, as that will give us hints as to things you can do to enhance your procedure.

3. ColinB

ColinB Guest

Thanks for the idea. I was able to use Smartripper to copy out the files which are just for the letterboxed version of Snatch, and each of the VOBs seem playable (as well as 5 other files). It has taken me from 6.something to 3.something gigs. I am now at the point that I should be able to burn a disc, but they are individual files and not the single one which DVD decrypter makes which is so idiotproof. So, my question is how to turn them into 1 burnable file. So far I have used Smartripper to create an image and got an "ERROR: Can't locate imglib.dll"

As far as technique I have none. The discs I have been able to copy so far have been dvd5's which have been copied using DVD decryptor by pushing two buttons and inserting the DVDr. Thanks for the help,
    Colin

4. malum

malum Regular member

You need to read one of the many guides available out there.

For a start if you rip an image from a DVD you can't do anything with it except burn it, which isn't much good if you want to stip stuff out of the movie. Rip it in file mode and then strip it using IFOedit then burn it using whatever burning program you use.

You won't manage the above without reading a guide.

5. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

ColinB,

If you decide to try DVDdecrypter again, and the DVD is above 4.3G.
    Switch DVDdecrypter to File Mode and it automatically selects the main movie files but nothing else. You can highlight your VIDEO_TS.IFO, .BUP & .VOB after you rip the movie files. Just make sure you rip them to the same directory.
    Then you shouldn't get that error in Ifoedit any more.