1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seinfeld Collection Burning Issues

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Pikapp88, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Pikapp88

Pikapp88 Member

I've burt several of my other DVDs, have yet to experience a problem with playback, or anything like this. I used DVD Decrypter and DVD shrink. On season 1&2 Disc 1 failed to play even in the computer that burnt it, so I ripped it again and I got it to play on a stand alone player on the first attempt, however the player skipped the menu and went straight to the first episode. i've since try to play this DVD again and am unable to play it. The second disc burnt fine from the first attempt, now with the 3rd disc I'm having the same issues with the first attempt on the first disc. I really would like to avoid only ripping the episodes them selves, but I'm at a loss. Why is this working on only 1 of the 3 discs? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this a common problem with DVD series? Again I've yet to come across one issue with a movie (over 20 rips)...???

Thanks in advance,

2. HKT3020

HKT3020 Regular member

I worked on these DVDs in the past and they've given me no problems, though I did come across a bit of problem when trying to edit the menu and trying to save space by avoiding the spanish and french menus altogether. Could be your DVD burner or programs. Make sure you have the latest version of DVD Decrypter and just make full backups. Meaning keep all content except any other language other than english audio streams. Subtitles leave them all, getting rid of them is not worth the effort.

3. Pikapp88

Pikapp88 Member

To add, the only thing I believe I may have changed between the discs, is the region code. I can't remember, probably best to try and rip again. I just hate wasting the discs and the file plays fine before I burn it.

Cheers,

4. Pikapp88

Pikapp88 Member

Thanks man, will do, hopefully that will work. I'm always questioning whether or not that will be worth it. Any idea why this causes the problem?

Also to note. On certain films there are multiple audio channels? Some that are lower in mb than others. To keep all English channels or only the one you want?

What about the region protection option in shrink that pops up, do you leave it untouched or switch it?

5. HKT3020

HKT3020 Regular member

To be honest with you, I always use Decrypter when ripping and work with the DVD off my HD. Usually before backing up a disc, I go through the DVD briefly. Extras, Audio tracks on main movie files and such. This is useful when you want to edit what tracks are what and which is worth keeping. As for smaller audio tracks labeled english, those are most likely english commentary tracks. I got rid of that, no sense in keeping that when the subtitles for it are listed as well.

6. Pikapp88

Pikapp88 Member

Great. Thanks man, I'll definitely keep that in mind when I rip in the future.

Thanks again for your help,

7. Pikapp88

Pikapp88 Member

One last thing... What about that region protection -do change it, leave it?

8. HKT3020

HKT3020 Regular member

Leave it to whatever region the disc is set to so to avoid any problems, since you're using Shrink.

9. Pikapp88

Pikapp88 Member

Thanks again M8